Wink Optics Blog
Model for men suitable for large faces
Frame made in nylon is exclusive to VUARNET. It’s extremely resistant and supple, with shape memory for optimal comfort
Moveable insert in the bridge
Integrated monobloc hinges
Made in France
Lindberg's N.O.W Titanium collection is a unique combination of remarkably thin composite material and ultra-lightweight titanium, but never it never strays from their minimalist, architectural ethos. This collection is highly customizable, with more than 20 exclusive translucent colors for frame fronts, as well as many options for temple styles and colors, creating a totally bespoke eyeglass experience.
They have recently come out with a new frame front color, color 21. Color 21 is a beautiful, peachy-toned champagne. It is a subtle, warm translucent shade that perfectly compliments the minimalism of the frame styles. Come in to Wink Optics in Mill Valley and San Anselmo to try on Lindberg's N.O.W Titanium collection in their new champagne tone, as well their many other gorgeous polished transparent colors.
Absinthe is an anise-flavored spirit with a very high alcohol content, typically 45-74%. Absinthe was immensely popular in Europe, and is known best for its vibrant green color, and its supposed hallucinogenic properties. Absinthe was illegal in the United States for nearly 100 years, until 2007. It was the drink of choice for many famous artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Vincent van Gogh, Lord Byron, Edgar Allen Poe and many others. Barcelona's Bar Marsella opened in 1820, and served absinthe to many of the city's famous residents, including Gaudí, van Gogh, Picasso, and Hemingway.
Absinthe's association with the bohemian lifestyle and with many legendary creatives inspired Barton Perreira's designer Patty Perreira to create their new absinthe color in both a shiny and a matte finish. Barton Perreira's classic Americana styles look incredible in this translucent green hue. Check out of few of the styles from Barton Perreira in this amazing absinthe color below.
Barton Perreira Coltrane Sun in Absinthe
Barton Perreira Blake (46) in Absinthe
Barton Perreira Redding in Matte Absinthe
Barton Perreira Huncke in Matte Absinthe
Barton Perreira was founded in 2007 by Patty Perreira and Bill Barton, the former designer and president of Oliver Peoples respectively. Barton Perreira is known for their classic, but edgy and unique design. Barton Perreira have maintained their independence since their inception, wanting full creative control and oversight over the quality of materials and manufacturing processes.
For their tenth anniversary, Barton Perreira has created a collection of stunning sunglass and optical frame styles in a variety of colors and patterns. All of the styles are engraved with "BPX" to honor their decade as Barton Perreira.
Check out a few of Barton Perreira's anniversary styles below. In order: Fortuna, Chevalier, Blake (46), Nina
Jean Vuarnet won the Olympic Winter Games in 1960 with the 02, the first creation of Vuarnet! Did you know that they now come in new colors? Vuarnet offers the iconic sunglasses in a refreshing crystal version combined with our different flash lenses. Update the classic Vuarnet sunglass with a modern twist! Vuarnet is happy to offer it’s renowned mineral glass lens which was been worn by sunglass lovers across the globe. Get your new Vuarnet in all colors!
- The VUARNET sunglasses filter 100% of UV (UVA,UVB, UVC) and provides up to 99% protection against Blue Light also known as HEV (High Energy Visible Light), one of the most aggressive lights in the visible spectrum.
- The VUARNET sunglass aesthetic and technical signature, a mirror double gradient-tinted coating, guarantees maximum protection against glare and reflections
- VUARNET sunglass lenses are the only in the world designed to absorb up to 94% of infrared, protecting your eyes from irritating dryness and heat.
- VUARNET sunglass lenses also benefit from an anti-reflection treatment on the internal face, eliminating all unwanted reflections.
- Vuarnet sunglasses are made from mineral glass lenses, which are naturally scratch resistant even against the most aggressive circumstances, like keys in your bag.
- Vuarnet sunglasses are also shock resistant as a result of a safety treatment by chemical tempering.
- VUARNET sunglasses guarantee no chromatic distortion and vision in high definition
- VUARNET sunglasses provide exceptional clarity, producing sharper vision in comparison to plastic materials
- All cameras, microscopes and telescopes requiring the best optical precision are all equipped with mineral lenses like Vuarnet sunglasses.